Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Weddings

May and June have been very busy this year, with many brides coming in for Spring and Summer weddings. But each special bride also has a special dress...

At the beginning of the month, Kal came to my shop with only 18 days before the wedding date. We had to take in the bust, shorten the 6 layers of the dress, and create a french bustle. The 6 layers of shortening were especially difficult because of the material and the stitching was very small.  Even though I had  many other projects on my hands as well, I was still able to complete this project in 10 days.

My neighbor, Heidi of Heidi Lee Portraits, happened to see Kal come in for a fitting and took pictures for us. We only had one fitting due to time constraints, but when Kal left with the dress, it was a perfect fit. She was overjoyed and she looked beautiful.

Enjoy!




(Photo's Courtesy of Heidi Lee Portraits)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. . .

    Alterations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, it is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are simply interesting from the starting line until the end.
    Suit alterations Sydney , Wedding suit alterations Sydney

    ReplyDelete